I tried my own version of tuna cakes from various recipes. Many use nightshades and a bunch of things that are not approved for the Plant Paradox Program so I had to create my own version.
I was also hesitant to make these because I am still trying to limit my carbs and almond flour has some carbs. Oh well! They were sooo good and only took me about 15 minutes to whip up.
* 1 can of wild canned albacore tuna
* 1/4 of an onion (I used red onion but it’s up to you)
* 1 tablespoon of parsley (finely chopped)
* 1 tablespoon cilantro (finely chopped)
* Dash of salt and pepper
* 1 pasture egg
* 1/3 cup of blanched almond flour (I got it at Costco)
* 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. I like to use a fork!
* Use your hands to form patties on a plate.
* Heat a skillet with avocado oil in it. Place tuna cakes on the warm pan and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side. The cakes should have a crispy outer layer and look golden.
* Whip up the sauce real quick by mixing together all the sauce ingredients.
* Serves two people. Eat up!